Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

6/03/2015

21 Question #1 - How did I learn about Bleach, How's the Dubbing, & What struck me most about Bleach?

Welcome to the new segment I'd like to call 21 Segments where I give/answer explicitly on 3 Bleach questions. Agree/Disagree, but these are strictly opinionated and isn't bias against any person or person(s). You, the audience, are welcome to give your input in the comment below on your answers to the given questions. So the starting questions for today include:

1) How did I learn about Bleach?
2) How's the Dubbing for Bleach?
3) What struck me most about Bleach?

How did I learn about Bleach?
Growing up, my brothers, cousins, & I were into Anime. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, & DBZ were the first Anime I was introduced to and, in comparison to the North American cartoons, Anime derived from Japan. Bleach aired in 2006 on Toonami's Anime Block right after Trinity Blood and, piquing our interest, my cousin & I decided to watch it. Who knew that this Anime called Bleach would leave an impact on us as we'd watch it whenever it premiered on Toonami and eventually started delving right into the Manga. My cousins & I would spend time talking about the episodes, characters, & powers because, well, it was freaking awesome. When I first experienced Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, & DBZ, it was an eye-opener. A whole new world/picture was right before me and I was beginning to like it a lot more than North American cartoons. When watching Bleach, I was invested from the story, characters, relationships, & dilemmas. To this day, my cousins & I are caught up with the Bleach manga, have finished watching the series (366 total), and still talk about it. However, I admit, my impressions on Bleach drastically changed from 2006 to present.

How's the Dubbing for Bleach?
For a Dubbed Anime, it wasn't all that bad. I've heard my fair share of terrible dubs, for with Bleach, I had no gripes with it whatsoever. However, the more I watched it, I began noticing that some voice actors who originally voiced someone in the beginning were replaced, notably the voice actor for Chad & Kenpachi (who by the way is one of the best dubs for a Captain in Bleach). So the dubbing for Bleach is good, but I do miss some of the voice actors/actresses. Of course not all the voice actors/actresses are going to pronounce everything correctly and that's understandable, but when it sounds too "Americanized," it is kind of irritating. Whenever they try to put enthusiasm and energy into pronouncing their abilities its name, I find it more compelling in the subbed than in the dub. So the verdict for Dub is that it started off strong, is weak at points when it's supposed to be strong (in my opinion it's better in the subbed when introducing Zanpaktou, Bankai, etc), and some voice actors/actresses were replaced (for the reasons, I am unsure).

What struck me most about Bleach?
As I said above in the "How did I learn about Bleach," my cousin and I were invested with Bleach on its character, story, dilemmas, relationships, and powers/abilities. I liked the main character Ichigo ~ he can be labeled as a delinquent for his orange hair, but his ability to see ghosts & wanting to preserve their resting place is admirable. I loved his Dad ~ such a goofball and his two mature younger sisters ~ one who is like the mother of the household and the other is tomboyish and refuses to acknowledge that there's spirits/ghosts to begin with. However, the moment where Bleach struck me was the introduction of Rukia Kuchiki, the Shinigami. When I first saw her, it was love at first sight. I loved her character design, her approach towards Ichigo, her wonderment on how Ichigo was able to break through a incantation, and her willingness to try to explain things best to Ichigo through cutesy @SS drawings. Point is, Rukia is what started off Bleach for me in the right way and, like I've said it before and I'll say it again ~ Without Rukia, there is no Bleach.

So what are your thoughts on the 3 questions posted above? Comment below and let me know. I do apologize if it seems as if my answered feel rushed or if the formatting it very bland, I'll make adjustments for next week for sure. Until then, you stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment