Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

6/04/2015

Watchlist #36 - Minamoto-kun Monogatari (Manga)

Welcome back to another installment of the segment Watch-list where I discuss Anime/Manga that I've come across and give my thoughts/impressions on it. Now I will openly admit that some of the ones I've talked about (ex: PPGZ & Ben-To) I haven't watched it in it's entirety, but that won't stop me from giving my impression it. With Ben-To, I said I enjoyed the martial arts and the concept itself, though ludicrous, was rather enjoyable because their take on it was just executed so well (I watched 6/12 episodes). However, there'll be times where I talk about Manga such as Zombie Powder, Tite Kubo's first work before Bleach. Another Manga that I'm familiar with is titled Minamoto-Kun Monogatari. The first chapter was translated back in 2011 and it's about a guy, who, at first, was really shy & pathetic around girls meets his Aunt and he learns to adapt to girls. From there, he begins dating women, learning about them inside & outside, and above all else ~ learning to conquer his fear of women because in the past, he was bullied by them. The protagonist, pathetic at first, isn;t what you'd call the staple for "masculine." He can be perceived as a man who acts weakly around others, but with the help of his aunt, he's trying to build more and more confidence. It must've been a harsh reality when you're getting bullied by girls and developed a fear of them. However, in developing his confidence, the character has learned to date them, have a friendship/relationship with them, and even have the ladies fall head over heels for him. Personally, I like this Manga because I felt real sorry for the male protagonist, but when you see him get with the ladies - he literally becomes a gigolo/womanizer. And much like most of these Manga (genre: romance, ecchi, comedy), there's A LOT of fan-service. Overall, it's enjoyable for what it is because it's so satisfying to see the protagonist finally be free of fear of women and now just sticking his excalibur inside of them.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Watchlist. Look forward to Watchlist posts on Thursdays. Until then, you stay classy now. WBCR will be up tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment