Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

6/18/2015

Watchlist #38 - Space Dandy

When I was first introduced to this Anime, I was surprised that it was directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, the same gentlemen that brought us the renowned Cowboy Bebop, Kids on a Slope, & Samurai Champloo. Produced by Square Enix & Studio Bones, Space Dandy, as described in the show, is literally a guy named Dandy...in Space. Yes, when I first watched the trailer/teaser for this show on Toonami, that is literally how they broke down the series. A dude named Dandy who is in space alongside a cleaning-robotic helper and a cat-like alien who doesn't like to be called a cat. Together, these 3 embark on a conquest for....BooBies. Yes, Dandy is a man of simple pleasures ~ hunting down exotic aliens for profit & a man who has favored the restaurant chain ~ BooBies. This Anime falls under the category of science-fiction & comedy and, to be honest, is one of the funniest Anime(s) I've seen in awhile that made me say over and over again ~ WTF. Yes, this is one of those WTF Anime where each episode gets progressively weirder. However, to Dandy and his crew, it's just another day in Space. Did I forget to mention that Dandy, for reasons that I wished were elaborated more, is being chased by a evil Monkey? Yes, does this Anime blow your mind? It should because the dubbing for the series was f*cking amazing. I liked each and every episode and, much like Cowboy Bebop, is always brought something new with new stories. Overall, this is an amazing science-fiction comedy and, despite not being on par with Cowboy Bebop, it's still pretty damn entertaining. The dubbing was excellent (in my opinion), the story was all over the place, the situations were obnoxiously over the top, and the feel of the show just brought me smiles & laughter. I highly recommend this series to anyone whose a fan of Watanabe's work, a fan of science fiction, and a fan of comedy.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Watchlist post. Look forward to Watchlist posts on Thursdays. Next week, there'll be NO Watchlist post because I have a final (test). Until then, you stay classy now. Throwback & Bleach Fantasy II Round 4 will be up tomorrow. Back-to-Back WBCRs will be up Saturday-Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment