Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

6/11/2015

Watchlist #37 - My Love Story (Ore Monogatari!)

I'm a big fan of Harem Anime, but I will admit the formula gets a little stale and sometimes, the payoff doesn't really payoff. If a Harem ends with the main character choosing the ideal woman, then it's a 50/50 thing for me because there's no guarantee that I''ll 100% be rooting for that woman to get with him + perhaps there's something about that woman that I don't like. However, there are times that if a Harem ends with no one being chosen and they're all still fighting for the main character's love & affection, then I'm okay with that. It leaves room for interpretation and the possibilities are endless. However, not too long ago I was introduced to a Romance Anime titled My Love Story. It's still airing with 10 episodes (24 scheduled and new episodes on Wednesdays) and, to be perfectly honest, it's my FAVORITE Romance Anime that I've ever seen. The Manga started back in 2011 and was made into an Anime series in April of this year ~ the popularity behind this Anime is unquestionable. Like most Romances that follow a good-looking guy and an attractive girl, this is a rather unique take on it because the attractive girl falls for the unusual gigantic guy. This Love Story is the sweetest and cutest thing I've ever seen in any Anime and in each episode I've seen, I'm constantly rooting for their romance to blossom more and more. I like the chemistry behind them, but most of all ~ I like the genuine-ness behind their love for one another. Literally "Love at first sight" works in this scenario and it's because of that their love is starting to blossom more each day they're together. It's cute how the girl's nervousness gets the better of her whereas the guy is constantly learning how to be the ideal man for her. I also find the side characters engaging too. I like the main character's best friend because, despite looking expressionless all the time, he does care for his friends' happiness & wellbeing. He himself is the hunk, but he's single. His friend, who many don't find attractive and rather find scary, is the one who gets the woman ~ I've never seen it so well-executed in a Anime format. The music is just beautiful to listen to ~ I'm already in the process of trying to download the songs because I love the serene sound of their Romance blossoming. The music & atmosphere just fit. Honestly, I can sit here and praise it all say, but I'd say check it out yourself. Here's a link to the opening & list of episodes:

Opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qII3hEmmbc
Episodes: http://animehaven.org/episodes/subbed/my-love-story

I hope you enjoyed this week's Watchlist. Although it's still ongoing, I highly recommend this Anime. I haven't watched an Anime that made me get tear-eyed multiple times. It's just....beautiful. Look forward to Watchlist posts on Thursdays. Until then, you stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment