Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

7/21/2015

Affinity #99 - Strawberry Contact 3 (Ichigo & Rukia)

Welcome to the Penultimate Affinity post. Funny, it's been 2 years since this segment began and it's one of my longest ones alongside Throwback posts (which will continue this Friday). It's hard to think that there are so many relationships & friendships in an Anime series, but the truth is ~ that's the beauty behind watching an epic. The way Bleach has unfolded with its humble beginnings to where it is now, it's am epic that has layers upon layers of history. To reach 100 is an understatement because the list could've gone on. However, I've decided to conclude at 100 because this segment needs closure. I'll try to incorporate new segments later on, but I feel as if the Affinity & Throwbacks posts have had a LONG run. All things must come to an end. In today's Penultimate Affinity post, I've decided to venture back to the first Affinity ~ the meeting of the fated two: Ichigo Kurosaki & Rukia Kuchiki. This relationship first started off rocky, but it began to bloom much like a flower. The compatibility between the two only grew and before we knew it, Rukia became the damsel in distress, was saved, and now is a renowned member of Team Ichigo. Rukia is a friend, mentor, partner, & overall is loyal to Ichigo after everything they've been through. To me, this is one of the most beautiful friendships in all of Bleach because, well, it's what started off Bleach. Ichigo was just an "ordinary" teenager and his world turned when he met Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami sent to Karakura town to save Pluses  fight off against Hollows. Who knew that after Rukia was severely wounded that Ichigo would take up that mantle of responsibility and fight against the very enemies Rukia fought. Since then, I've begun to see that without each other, their lives would've drastically been different, apart, and we wouldn't have what we'd call Tite Kubo's Bleach. Rukia is of the Kuchiki Clan & Ichigo was born with a "normal" family ~ their worlds couldn't be any more different. Ichigo learned more about himself because of his meeting with Rukia. I know fans are shipping Ichiruki and I don't blame them, their meeting is what began Bleach in the first place and it just evolved into something more. Even Orihime at a point was jealous of how close the two have gotten and could you blame her, Rukia is a beauty. When she got her haircut, she became all kinds of cute. That's not to say that she wasn't cute to begin with, but c'mon ~ Rukia got CUTER after the timeskip. Ichigo developed more as a character and honed his skills so he could protect those he cares about. It's because of this that I'd describe their affinity as dynamic. I wish all people can have this kind of friendship ~ one who bickers off and on, but they deeply care for one another as if they were family. To those who ship Ichiruki, I could see the potential and I ain't even mad. Even though I'm a Ichihime fan, I will formally acknowledge that Ichiruki is what began and probably how it'll end ~ their fated meet turned into a powerful friendship.

I hope you enjoyed today's Affinity. I'll see you at 100 next week. Stay classy ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment