Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

6/16/2013

Throwback #6 - Plushy (Anime-Filler Mod Souls)

Remember these lil plushies that have brought us enjoy and entertainment? Remember how they helped us out in the Bount and even to some extent the Arrancar? If not, remember how annoying they were? I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but I wasn't a big fan of the mod souls in the Bount arc.. One was enough, but now we got 3 more? I'm bringing this up because although I find them to be quite annoying and bothersome, they are still nostalgic characters in the Bleach anime. Being only Anime characters, these 3 (picture above and below) were the ones who could sense Bounts and fought alongside Team Ichigo & the Soul Society. I will admit the girl mod soul having a lil crush on Ichigo is pretty cute, but we all know in the end it's Ichihime (sorry Ichiruki fans, but Im a Ichihime kinda guy).

These 3 adorable plushies go by the names Ririn (Bird), Kurodo (Pink purse), and Noba (Turtle), they accompany Ichigo in defeating the Bounts. They did some damage, but Ichigo in the end saved the day alongside the other Shinigami. I wanna start off with this - I wasn't a big fan of the Bount arc. I found it to be talkative and not enough action. There has to be a balance in order for it to be entertaining while at the same time giving detail as to why its important. I may/may not look back into this anime filler arc, but that won't change my opinion on the 3 mod souls (excluding Kon). I mean they were annoying in my opinion. Putting them into plushies didn't sit well with me - it only created comic relief that was forced rather than it be prevalent. For example Ichigo and Rukia's shenanigans are prevalent throughout each arc as well as Ichigo's constant bickering with other characters. See that worked, but when you put anime-filler characters with Kon - it only distracts the Bleach audience. I mean in their humanoid forms, they did some damage I will admit. But in their plushy forms, comic relief all the way.

Now that I've ranted on about the mod souls, does that mean I hate these 3 with a passion? No, not at all. I just find them annoying and distracting. I mean the Bount arc, you could see why their roles were prevalent because they did help fight Kariya and the rest of the Bount from taking over Soul Society and causing havoc. In the Arrancar arc, that was forced. Not only was that NOT in the manga, but in the anime - they got their asses kicked. To me, these 3 mod souls serve as forced comic relief. If you like them, more power to you, it's just not my cup of tea. In terms of Kon, I will admit for the first mod soul - he was funny, he was perverted, and he kicked ass against Ichigo in his own body. So Kon is passable for me, but the 3 mod souls, at least in their plushies, I wasn't a fan of. In their humanoid forms, they were alright.

Look for more Throwbacks every Sunday. Feel free to leave a comment on any Bleach topic you want me to discuss. Til then, stay classy folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment