Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

6/23/2013

Throwback #7 - The Badass Quincy

Uryu Ishida, probably one of the most popular characters in Bleach aside from the Shinigami. A quincy nonetheless, he puts the A in Awesome. A calculative man, Uryu's precision in firing his bow is without question - flawless....at first. His first usage of his powers came to a shock to Ichigo and his pals, but what makes him stand out above the rest is his hatred for the Shinigami. Like most Quincy, Uryu is hostile towards Shinigami and Ichigo, being a Substitute, was no exception. He and Ichigo, enemies at first, are complete opposites. Ichigo, I admit, is brash and doesn't think much rather than to go on the offense. Uryu, however, is another thing - he deduces his opponents strengths and weaknesses, finds a flaw in their abilities, and simply fires his bow. He was pretty much a badass and has continued to be since his first appearance. He has had countless fights with Shinigami, but we all know the most popular of em all is - Uryu vs Mayuri. Two geniuses in their own right fighting face to face and are hostile towards another. Uryu embodies a cool, yet sophisticated character w/a sick-ass weapon, being a different species, and making him the 2nd strongest in Ichigo's group (Ichigo, Uryu, Renji, Rukia, Orihime, & Chad in my opinion).

Uryu's abilities compared to Ichigo, I admit, are somewhat on par. I mean both have attacks that can do major damage to an opponent (see Ichigo vs. Grimmjow & Uryu vs. Mayuri). I mean Grimmjow was pretty beat after his fight with Ichigo and Mayuri, well - a portion of his body was missing and he had to retreat - that's how badass these two are. Quincy or Shinigami, Uryu & Ichigo have proven to be badasses in their own way. So far in the manga, Uryu is sided with the Vandenreich, but we are unsure why. It could be a ploy (act) or perhaps he really is Ichigo's enemy now. I mean his backstory as a Quincy is pretty sad. His grandfather taught him about the Quincy and died, his father was uninterested with his son, and the whereabouts of the mother remain a mystery - plus he's a only child, no siblings whatsoever (much like Chad). I praise Uryu's design, personality, weaponry, and demeanor, but I will go on the right and say, I DON'T LIKE The URYUU + ORIHIME - NOT ONE BIT! I know fans may disagree, but I don't think it would work out. If it were me, it's Uryu & Nemu, the two share some sort of affinity for another. I mean Uryu blushed (alongside Renji) when Mayuri was supposedly treating Nemu who got f'ed up by an Espada. It sounded and looked perverted in both the Anime & Manga, but it's pretty funny that Uryu blushed at this - like what is his mind thinking while we was watching? And Nemu's boobs pretty much made Uryu blush even more, which I thought was cute and funny. For him and Orihime, NO, I don't see a chemistry one bit. I see only a friendship between the two - no more no less.

Now that I went on about why I don't like the Uryu + Orihime thing and why I think Uryu is the 2nd strongest character in Ichigo's group, I will conclude that Uryu is a badass character who I hope to see kick ass in this arc, enemy or ally. Til then, look forward for more Throwbacks every Sunday. Feel free to leave a comment on any future posts you'd like me to talk about. Stay class folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment