Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

8/18/2013

Throwback #14 - Zabimaru (Omake)

Remember this beautiful piece? Well, to be honest, it wasn't pivotal in Bleach, it was a little short after an episode. This is a little short where Renji wonders if it were possible to swap Zabimaru's gender to which Mayuri says it's possible and shows a picture of what it would potentially look like (1st picture). I mean when I saw this, I didn't much on it at all because it's a short and it has no relevance to the story other than to further a little development and comic relief to the character outside of the storyline. I mean with characters, they have to have layers. Renji wanting to see if Zabimaru could be a woman with hot tits is no surprise, but like I said, it does little and only is relevant to the character's development on the side. So allow me to show you two interesting pictures about Zabimaru that tie in with the anime and filler. Above (1st picture) is from the Omake (or what I'd like to call little short). Here's Zabimaru in the anime + manga as it is shown:

That's pretty badass, right? I mean a monkey with a snake tail is a pretty epic design for Zabimaru and to be honest, I was surprised that his form is just as badass as Ichigo's "Zangetsu." He is a great design, has a menacing voice, and want to challenge "Zangetsu" again. I'm going to say this off topic, but monkeys are awesome. And when you have a white monkey with a snake tail that can talk and can taken on the form of a sword - who wouldn't that? It's just badass from the way he looks to the way he sounds. Now here's the weird thing, this is Zabimaru in the anime + manga, but the Omake is a what-if scenario and to be honest, I think the what-if-scenario turned out to be this:


DAMN! What happened? Well here is my thought. The filler arc introduces Shinigami's Zanpaktou turning against their owners. These are complete designs for filler made Zanpaktou manifestations. This just happens to be Zabimaru if were a she w/a male tail. Like the omake, it's pretty much the inspiration in my opinion. The omake inspired Renji's Zabimaru to discard the cool ass design of an albino monkey with a snake tail to a hot humanoid monkey chick with tits w/a male snake tail. That, in my opinion, is still f'ing awesome and pretty damn hot. The downside is the voice, not girly at all. So this is what I got from it all

1) The Omake depicts Zabimaru as a human (female)
2) Zabimaru (in the anime & manga) is an albino monkey with a snake head as its tail
3) Put these two in a blender and you have Zabimaru with tits and an annoying tail.

Well I do hope you enjoyed my post on Zabimaru and until then, you all stay classy now. All pictures courtesy of http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Bleach_Wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment