Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

12/04/2013

WBCR - Applauds are my power (Grade D)

Superstar Mask De Masculine makes his move upon seeing Rukia and Renji descend from the sky, but before he can even approach it, he is approached by Captains of the 3rd and 9th divisions and visored, Kensei & Rose. However, they soon find themselves in a pickle when we come the realization that Mask De Masculine gets his power from cheers and applauds from his subordinate, James. Even in Bankai form, Kensei couldn't comprehend why Hisagi lost so easily to Masculine. To be fair, the cheers and applauds cliche pretty much says its self, it utilizes that the power of someone else's screams can pretty much boost up your power and confidence. Mask De Masculine not once has interested me and though his attire and mannerisms are similar to that of a wrestler, I never got invested in his power or design - I thought it served more as comic relief. I mean the lieutenants losing so easily to him just because they're careless - that's rushed and feels like it was meant to showcase another fight that, personally, I could care less about. I cared more about the Basterbine vs. Komamura fight than with Mask De Masculine's fights. I know I've been ranting on and on on why I don't like Mask de Masculine that much, but I just find him cheesy, cliche, and his way of becoming stronger is laughable, not at all creative or engaging. I'm going to give this week's chapter a D - it could be better, longer, and, in my opinion, focused someplace else like Rukia and Renji's arrival.  If I'm not invested in the fight or the enemy, then why bother? There are plenty of other fights I'd like to see, but for Mask de Masculine - not my cup of tea. IF you like em', more power to you, but my decision still stands - I'm not invested in his character, history, or fight. Those are my thoughts and until then, ya'll stay classy now.

1 comment: