Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

3/26/2014

WBCR - Imagination vs. Demon (Grade B-)

The ongoing fight between Imagination (Gremmy) and Brute Force (Kenpachi) continues, but the main question I think everybody is asking is - for how long? There's a point where a fight scene in a comic becomes tedious because it's short, uninteresting, and the pacing could be off. For me, I think this fight is going to go on for at least 2-5 chapter and, to be honest, I am mixed about this. We know of the enemy's power to turn his imagination into reality, but when you realize the opponent is just as strong - why go through the trouble of saying you can beat this demon without any hands? The Demon is a formidable foe and the power of Imagination can only go so far when fighting this demon. Even using fire and water won't stop the demon's wrath since, after all, a demon isn't to be trifled with. I think what we, the audience, want to see is a conclusion - an appropriate ending to Imagination at the hands of the Demon. However, the problem lies not only in how long the fight is, but the length the chapter too. This chapter offered very little, showcasing that this particular fight will go on for awhile. Yachiru isn't going to fight anytime soon, but Gremmy underestimates Kenpachi way way way too much. As I said above, water and fire won't do $h!t to a demon. I think this chapter showcases that Imagination will take a little more time to takedown this demon, but I don't think a Demon can perceive Imagination as a true threat to his power. And lastly, the Imagination's focus on the Demon allowed Yachiru's bones to not be cookies anymore. Overall, it was mediocre chapter - needed more and I want to see what Kenpachi learned. I give this week's a chapter a B-. As always, look forward to WBCR every Wednesday (unless specified) and you all stay classy now. BH post will be up later:

No comments:

Post a Comment