Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

9/25/2014

1st Rhetorical (Anime Impressions) Post - Tenchi Muyo


Welcome to the 1st Rhetorical(s) post or Anime Impressions. As I said before on September 10th, RBTs will be replaced w/this new segment in order to give room to the world of entertainment and it's profound influence on the its fan and the culture as a whole. Reiterating once again, Rhetorical(s) or Anime Impressions (AIs) are: a segment that will properly introduce my take on various Anime(s) that I've come to know and love. I will give in-depth analysis on why you, the audience, should look into these series because they truly are groundbreaking marvels. Though many of the titles are popular, I still wanted to formally address it's relevance to the Anime community & it's overall genuine impression in the World of Entertainment. The 1st Rhetorical post will be up in a couple of weeks NOTE: The word Rhetorical also means expressing in terms of impressing/persuading. Without further ado, let's start off with one of my all-time favorite Anime(s) of all time: Tenchi Muyo.

The world of Tenchi Muyo was introduced to me when I was a kid. Stumbling upon Toonami was a show titled Tenchi Muyo where I summed it up like this: Multiple Girls fall for Shy Guy. Not only was I invested in the characters, but the comedy, atmosphere, music, and overall world was just beautiful to look at. I haven't seen anything like it and because of it's popularity as a show & hit manga, Tenchi Muyo spawned various spin-offs/retellings, OVAs, & 3 movies. Tenchi is what I wanted to aspire to become when I was a kid ~ a peaceful man who fights off alien freaks while alien chicks fall for you, who wouldn't want that? It was like a show/manga made for me; from its comedy to its characters, this show never failed to make me laugh or smile. I have watched almost all of Tenchi Muyo from its original roots to its spin-offs/retellings (In Tokyo, GXP, & Universe). I have yet to watch the newest Tenchi spin-offs and hopefully I'll find the time (eventually) to watch them since Tenchi is one of the reasons why I got into Anime. In my opinion, I have no problems with the original Anime (the spin-offs are a different story) ~ the harem fit perfectly because it ended the way I wanted it too ~ Tenchi being satisfied with living with all the alien chicks rather than chose one and let it end. He'd rather live as a family than to let it fall apart just because of everyone's petty jealousy over him. Though the girls all love him, they respect Tenchi's decision as they live together under one roof w/nonstop shenanigans. Tenchi has a lot of responsibility, but as long as Ryoko, Ayeka, Sasaki, Washu, & Mihoshi are by his side ~ Tenchi's world will never fail to bore me or its audience. The only gripe I had with the series was In Tokyo where it went against everything I liked about the original ~ Tenchi choosing a strange girl. GXP was my favorite Spin-off because it ended the way the original Tenchi did + the characters were very similar to Tenchi & his chicks. Sure there are a lot of shows that have copied Tenchi Muyo, but we all know the original is what influenced many series to follow in Tenchi's footsteps because of its profound influence on the Anime World as a harem, comedy, space-action Anime/Manga. It is also one of the first Anime(s) I've watched that had fan-service. Though fan-service isn't the basis of the show, I suggest you check it out since it is one of the original Anime(s) that premiered on North America renowned Toonami (Cartoon Network at night) Network. I personally hope that you, the Bleach audience, will come to admire a show/manga like this ~ a peaceful show/manga where it combines elements of harem, space action, & comedy to make what I'd call a legacy in its own right.

I hope you enjoyed this week's first Rhetorical(s)/Anime Impressions' post. Look forward to them every Thursday. Until then, you all stay classy now. Next week's Anime Impressions' post will be part of the TCTD Quad (1st being Tenchi Muyo).

No comments:

Post a Comment