Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

9/05/2014

BCC #6 - Nanao Ise vs. Yuki Nagato (BIg-BEEWBED Bookworms)

VS.

In our 6th BCC Round, I'd like to call these two lovely ladies the bookworms. Always seen with a book or paper in their hands, these two bookworms prove that reading can be sexy. Although the appealing nature derives from which kind of bookworm do you like ~ A Shinigami bookworm or an Alien bookworm? For those of you who are not caught up to speed on BCC month (August 25th-September 29th), Bleach has yet to win a round. Due to depth of character and overall appealing nature, the judging of BCC has been critical and has been a backlash against Bleach. In today's BCC, we'll see which bookworm is appealing not only to the eye, but of the mind as well. Our lovely ladies today are Nanao Ise from Bleach & Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Take note that Personality, HCA Levels, & BEEWBZ are taken into account during these Matchups. Without further ado, let's jam on some BEEWBZ! 

Personality (Nanao)
Nanao is a very serious and intimidatingperson, often scolding her drunk & womanizing Captain to cut the slack and take his position more seriously. Always by the book, Nanao is both well-respected by her peers and is dutiful without fail in her obligations as 8th/now 1st division Lieutenant under Captain Kyoraku. She is also Vice-Captain of the Shinigami Women's Association and on her spare time, she enjoys reading, shopping, chatting with her fellow Shinigami, and trying to be helpful as possible to her Captain. 

Personality (Yuki)
Yuki Nagato is a humanoid interface w/the appearance of a high-school girl. She lacks social skills and talks in a rather monotone voice. Yuki is also know for over-explaining concept to the point where it's difficult to follow. Her facial expressions rarely change, but it is noted that her main personality trait is ~ shyness. She is a member of the SOS Brigade and highly looks up to Kyon. 

HCA Levels (Nanao)
Hardworking, respectful, and dutiful ~ Nanao is probably one of the most responsible and mature Bleach characters out there. To me, a responsible, well-respected, and beautiful woman such as Nanao has quite an appeal to her. Unlike most Bleach chicks where their BEEWBZ stand out, her serious nature & lack of sexual appeal are also a breath of fresh air ~ showcasing that woman don't always need to show off the BEEWB or @$$ just to grab a man's attention. To me, she's quite the looker & is charming to be around so long as you don't piss her off. I'd also like to note that Glasses are a turn-on for me and Nanao is the epitome of sophistication. 

HCA Levels (Yuki)
Yuki is an humanoid interface and is physically 16-17 despite initially being only 3-4 years old. To me, Yuki's character, though important to her series, lacked appeal. I could've used more facial expressions or even more class, but the way she stares into space and talks in a monotone voice ~ I don't find it cute as much as I thought I would. Now there's a saying that characters w/Big Eyes are cute and that's a 50/50 notion in my opinion. To me, Yuki Nagato's appearance is cute, but I don't find as much appeal or attraction to her than I do with Nanao Although, I will say her dependence on Kyon is probably the cutest thing in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. 

BEEWBZ (Nanao)
We got a sophisticated take on a woman in glasses pulling off a Bikini. Does she pull it off? You betcha! Even Rangiku explained that Nanao's BEEWBZ are quite a sight and it's a shame she doesn't show them off as much. Nanao is both classy & sexy. 

BEEWBZ (Yuki)
I haven't finished TMHS, but I have yet to see if Yuki has exposed herself in any episode. So I decided to look her up myself and judging by the picture I just found, she's quite cute in her Bikini. Although I will admit her BEEWBZ aren't as big as I thought they'd be.

Decision
And the winner is...
On the side, Nanao's character isn't really utilized much in the series whereas Yuki is a central character in TMHS. However, we do know of how Nanao became acquainted w/Captain Kyoraku & former Lieutenant Lisa Yadomaru. She's grown to be an exceptional Shinigami whose maturity, responsibility, and overall personality match that of a sophisticated and job-oriented woman. To me, that is quite a package for her character since we rarely see that in a series + her role is limited. It leaves me wanting to feel invested whenever her character shows up again the Manga and that's a pretty impressive fear ~ a side character can just as well take the spotlight like I said. Though Yuki is a main character in THMS, I didn't see much appeal in her as I have with Nanao's character. Something about Nanao drew me to her ~ a Shinigami those job compliments her character. Like I said above, Nanao is both classy & sexy in my eyes whereas with Yuki, I didn't see it as much. Though Yuki's Big Anime eyes are cute, it doesn't change the fact that Nanao's character has more to live up to ~ potentially a serious, respected, responsible, and more human character than Yuki will ever be. In this case, the Shinigami wins over the Alien.

So who do you think won the 6th BCC Round? Nanao Ise from Bleach or Yuki Nagato from THMS? Comment below and let me know. As always, look forward to BCC Rounds on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays. Until then, you all stay classy now. Throwback will be up momentarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment