Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

10/02/2014

2nd Rhetorical (Anime Impressions) Post ~ Cowboy Bebop

What defines entertainment in the form of Media nowadays? Is it the compelling storytelling from the imaginative writers or perhaps the setting that perfectly landscapes the overall atmosphere, tone, & gravitas of the show? It is its characters that are outlined as either being the protagonists or antagonist or perhaps its the way the story is told that makes us, the audience, invested in what'll happen next. In last week's first Impressions post, I discussed what I'd like to call the TCTD ~ four Animes(s) that I grew up watching and are defined as masterful crafts in its own right. Some may/may not disagree, but in my opinion ~ these are the shows that got me invested in Anime. We all have a starting point and the TCTD Quad got me instantly hooked. Since last week was Tenchi Muyo, a harem-based Anime, why not discuss the "C" in the TCTD Quad. If you haven't guessed yet, it's none other than one of, if not, the most renowned Anime out there ~ Cowboy Bebop. What needs to be said about this masterful show? It has great storytelling, interesting characters, a cool soundtrack, and overall well-written episodes that sometimes arches into the character's arcs. Spike, Jet, Faye, & Ed ~ These 4 stars are what made Cowboy Bebop such a hit. Spawning 26 episodes, a full-length movie, and a supposed live-adaptation (in the works), Cowboy Bebop's debut in 1998 has created a huge following that spawned audiences everywhere to outright say ~ It's pretty damn good. From it's imagery to its scenery, Cowboy Bebop doesn't pull any punches ~ it's quite different from anything I've ever seen at the time. Cowboy Bebop is what I'd like to call an Experience ~ sometime so revolutionary for it's time that it got me, a fan, to discuss why it carries so much gravitas in the Anime World. Each episode was a story in it's self and the soundtrack, by far, is one of my favorite components behind Cowboy Bebop's craft. The action scenes, the character's emotions, the setting, and overall relationships ~ It's quite a spectacle to see a well-developed, well-written, and well-crafted Anime that mainly emphasized the maturity behind a Space-Western Noir setting. It tackles various themes such as loneliness, the past, & existentialism and when you put those 3 in an Anime ~ it's quite interesting to see the direction of where it'll go. I cannot say it enough ~ Cowboy Bebop truly is a Craft in the Anime World.

I sincerely believe anyone whose interested in Anime or just overall great storytelling, compelling characters, a cool soundtrack, & scenic atmosphere should check out Cowboy Bebop. You have to see it to believe it because it's an experience that I'll always remember as one of my favorite Shows of all time. Sorry I didn't touch upon what the show's about, but I'll leave it up to you, the audience, to take a look for yourself because I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. Look forward to the next 2 installments of the TCTD Quad (you may/may not know what they are). Until then, you all stay classy now. WBCR will be posted, for this week only, on Saturday. Weekly Throwback will be posted normally tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment