Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

10/23/2014

Legacy #5 ~ School Rumble

In the early 2000s (2004-2006 to be exact), there was one Anime that I was completely obsessed about. It incorporated comedy, a barrage of memorable characters, romance, and drama. School Rumble, at that time, was my favorite comedy series. Not only did I find it LOL hilarious, but the concept of Harem was a familiar sight to behold considering Harem(s) are my favorite genre of Anime. Bright and radiant, this show never failed to disappoint me and it became one of those shows that I'd gladly watch if I was ever down in the dumps. Of course nowadays it's common for school-based Harem(s) to be so popularized, but at that time ~ School Rumble was my first School-based Harem that I've ever watched. I still haven't gotten around to purchasing the complete series or even completing the Manga (it stopped publishing here in North America), but I'm sorta thinking of revisiting this series to see if it still holds up. So what's the story about? Well, in a nutshell ~ A tough guy has a crush on a bright & ditzy girl, but that girl has a crush on an emotionless mofo. On top of that, there's this one blonde rich b!tch that starts to develop feelings for the tough guy, but at the same time the bright & ditzy girl's little sister also starts to develop feelings for him. Also, did I forget to mention that there's also a barrage of so many characters that it'd be impossible to give them all background, but at least give them all a personality so that at least we can acknowledge that they're sorta there. THAT pretty much sums it up. The whole story completely revolves around going after your crush ~ whether you end up with them or eventually get crushed in the end. It spawned 2 seasons & 1 OVA. It's pretty difficult to find School Rumble in stores (you have more chances to find it online + it's pretty expensive), but if you ever want to see a School-based romance/comedy/drama, then look no further ~ School Rumble truly is a Rumble of the Hearts.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Legacy post. Look forward to Legacy posts every Thursday. Until then, you all stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment