Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

1/21/2015

Affinity #72-73 ~ Cifer Impasse (Parts 1 & 2)

I'd like to apologize for not being able to post yesterday's Double Affinity Post. Even though I said I would try and be timely on my posts, it still doesn't change the fact that school comes first over everything else. Trying to balance out both is difficult enough, but that doesn't mean I've neglected the blog. This just means I'll have to put forth 110% on balancing out schoolwork & blog posts. It's a work in progress, but please understand if their are any delays. Monday-Thursday, I come home late from school and thus I'm limited on time in posting. On Tuesdays & Thursdays, I get home roughly around 7:30 PM ~ this gives me until midnight to post whatever needs to be posted. However, Mondays & Wednesdays I get home around 9:30 PM, giving me only 2 1/2 hours to post. Remember, when arriving from home, I do the following: Eat dinner, chores, and shower. So let me reiterate once again ~ If I am late in posting, then it's because of time constraints from school AND work (I also am a part-time worker in Retail). This doesn't mean I've neglected posting, but it'll definitely be posted between Monday-Friday. So far Fight Night Mondays are on hiatus til sometime next month-March w/Bleach Vs. Fairy Tail being the next BCC (new collaboration with M.V. Heartz). Their haven't been any WBCRs due to the author just recuperating from sickness/illness. However, I digress. From Affinity #72-77, I'd like to call this the Cifer Impasse. This means that each of these affinities are associated with Ulquiorra Cifer, the 4th Espada under Aizen's tutelage, and a character he has interacted with. So without further ado, let me introduce parts 1 & 2 of the Cifer Impasse Affinity Posts (Affinities #72-77).

Affinity #72 ~ Bittersweet End (Ulquiorra and Ichigo)
The most notable of the Ulquiorra's interactions is with none other than our protagonist himself, Ichigo Kurosaki. Though initially seeing Ichigo as weak due to his earlier loss to Yammy, Ichigo suddenly becomes a thorn in Ulquiorra's world that must be extinguished. His growth and durability aren't to be underestimated as Ulquiorra was too quick to judge Ichigo. Ichigo's motivation is to rescue Orihime Inoue, but throughout the entire time Orihime's been captures, the concept of "Heart" boggles Ulquiorra's mind. What does the heart want? Why do humans possess a Heart? Ulquiorra, in battling Ichigo, unveils his true colors ~ wanting to truly understand where Ichigo's power lies and how he is able to endure so much despite having a hole shot through his chest. The heart concept, as I said, is the very motivation behind Ulquiorra's actions in thwarting Ichigo's attempts in rescuing Orihime. He doesn't understand human emotion and simply relies on order & loyalty to get things done for Aizen. To Ulquiorra, the concept of "Human," doesn't befit him as he angrily beats the crap out of Ichigo in order to try and find the thread connecting "Human" and "Heart." In the end, however, Ulquiorra's end was met with a bittersweet taste in Ichigo's mouth. Ulquiorra understands, in my opinion, Ichigo & Orihime's world a little better due having interacted with them. He experienced something and got something out of that experience and, despite not being able to thwart Ichigo, his end was due to the limitations of his own endurance and durability. He underestimate our hero, but in the end garnered the meaning and significance behind Human connection.

Affinity #73 ~ The Silent & Roar (Ulquiorra and Yammy)
One of the most oddest interactions with Ulquiorra is his partnership with the 0 Espada, Yammy Llargo. Yammy and Ulquiorra couldn't be any more different. Ulquiorra is calculative, quiet, and seems to never put out his cards on the table whereas with Yammy, he is brash, loud, and immediately puts everything down on the table. Of course Ulquiorra himself is unaware that Yammy theoretically is stronger than him, but throughout the start of the Arrancar Arc, it seemes as if Yammy played fiddle to Ulquiorra. Ulquiorra punched Yammy back in failing to comprehend Ichigo, Kisuke, & Yoruichi. Yammy's brashness cost him his arm, but the damage was done and Ulquiorra was rather disappointed in Yammy's inability to think before acting. The saying "opposites attract" is a common saying, but in this case ~ I don't see it. Ulquiorra and Yammy were only following orders from Aizen, but I don't see a legitimate friendship between the two. It's strictly business-related, but if he had to ~ Yammy would probably mop the floor with Ulquiorra. However, the debate on who'd win is a debatable since are strong, but it's a battle of Final Forms vs. Size Proportion.

I hope you enjoyed this delayed Double Affinity Post. I'll try to post on Tuesdays, but if not, just remember what I said above. Look forward to next week's continuation of the Cifer Impasse Affinity posts (#72-77). Until then, you all stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment