Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

1/01/2015

Legacy #15 - Kirby ~ HAPPY 2015!!!

Welcome to a Brand new year ladies and gentlemen. I'm very fortunate to have had the opportunity to mostly keep a Monday-Friday posting schedule. However, with the start of a new year ~ I will do my best to deliver the best content considering Bleach is ending soon. There are 100 Affinities & Throwbacks that I have to post (69/100 Affinities and 69/100 Throwbacks). The Legacy Segment just started and I can already see it'll most likely span up to 100 posts. Fight Night Collaborations with MechG and newcomer Mikey V will also return. However, I digress. With new opportunities and a newfound dedication to delivering on-time, I will do my upmost to post daily (excluding weekends). The 1st 2015 and 15th Legacy post is Masahiro Sakurai's renowned cute little pink ball of adorableness ~ Kirby. Kirby began his reign of cuteness in 1992 on the Nintendo Gaming System. Much like Mario, Zelda, & Sonic ~ Kirby became a well-known name in the 90s and everyone was invested in merchandising the franchise beyond videogames. Kirby hit the Anime scene in 2001-2003, spawning 100 episodes of over-the-top adorableness for kids to enjoy. Now am I a fan of the show? Well, I only heard about there being a Kirby Anime a couple years back and I will honestly say ~ it is corny as f*ck. Yeah Kirby is cute and whatnot, but the english dialogue, plot, and overall scenarios just come out as corny, predictable, and cliche. Well it is a kid's cartoon so it gets a pass, but when you're watching it as an adult ~ you can't help but laugh at the all the Non-subtleties that Kirby has to offer. I will, however, be open that whoever made Kirby's sound effects was, if I'm saying it right, KAWAII! I mean WOW ~ I thought Pokemon saying their names was cute and all, but with Kirby, it's over 9000x cuter than that. The Kirby Anime introduced two non-Kirby related characters so as to give Kirby a plot, friends, and overall a scenario where he & his friends can pull off as many shenanigans as they can. Overall it's pretty funny and entertaining to watch, but you can't honestly take it seriously. It's not going to win any award anytime soon, but for it's watchability ~ I'd give it a pass.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Legacy post. Look forward to Legacy posts on Thursdays. Until then, you all stay classy now and Have a great 2015 ladies and gentlemen. There'll be two Affinity posts next Tuesday since I was unable to post this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment