Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

1/15/2015

Legacy #17 - Hanaukyo Maid Team

Not many people talk about this Anime and it boggles my mind on so many levels. Yeah, it came out 14 years ago, spawned 2 series, and their are plenty of other Anime that are 10x better than this one. However, why so little on this Anime in comparison to others? When I was first introduced to this series, I was completely invested in the main character's world. A rich rid who lives with hot maid babes ~ who wouldn't want this kind of fantasy life? I will admit the animation, in comparison to today's standards, is below par, but at it's time ~ I thought it was beautiful to look at. Each of the maids (primary) are given such unique personalities ~ A gentle maid who is the girl of the main character's dreams, a glasses maid who is the wannabe Einstein, a silent maid who is in actuality a genius, a samurai maid who protects her master at all costs, and finally three triplet maids who are seductive in nature towards their master. That right there is the kind of Harem I'd like to live in, wouldn't you? Now I will admit it isn't talked about as much because it isn't a mainstream Anime. It's what I'd like to categorize as "Underground," a hidden gem that not many people nowadays are aware of. Even the 2004 remake of the series was still holding true to the original + more ATD (Attention-To-Detail). Hanaukyo Maid Team is one of my favorite Harem and I wish it was brought up more in conversations. This is one Anime that Harem fans should check out and although there's no clear ending (in the original at least), it sums up why I love Harem ~ the main character accepting that he's part of that world and loving/liking everyone equally.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Legacy post. Look forward to Legacy posts on Thursdays. Until then, you all stay classy now. Since I was unable to post an Affinity post this week due to school & other obligations, next Tuesday there'll be TWO affinity posts. There is no WBCR this week due to the Author recovering from the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment