Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

1/22/2015

WBCR - Where's the thrills anymore? (Grade: D)

Bleach hasn't had much action lately and since December, we haven't really seen a Bleach chapter. After Kubo was hospitalized, many speculated that the progression of Bleach may/may not live up to the fans expectations. Perhaps the recovery from his sickness/illness would liven him up and he'd get back to delivering some more badassery in Bleach. However, after the release of this week's chapter ~ both faith and hope have been lost. We stumble across what I'd like to call a "set-up chapter," where nothing really is answered or questioned. Many are angry on Hyosube Ichibei's change towards the events surrounding Yhwach's invasion. He went from "Ichigo, it's up to you to stop Yhwach" to "No one can stop Yhwach." WTF Kubo? I know Yhwach is a big threat, but going back on your own word ~ how hypocritical. I was greatly disappointed because I'd think their would be progression. So far Captains/Vices are missing, are critically injured, or nowhere to be seen. Also, it's noted that I believed Yoruichi had a little sister ~ turns out it's a dude and Sui-feng….fell for him? Everyone was under the assumption Sui-Feng perhaps could be a lesbian due to her obsession/glorifying of Yoruichi Shihoin. After this, we can assume she has a hard-on for the Shihoin Siblings. Ichigo still is on his way and Yhwach already delivered the "final blow" on the Soul King. I think fans are upset because the thrill of a Bleach chapter is long gone. The same happened with Naruto ~ it just ended and now is starting up a sequel. To be honest, when Naruto ended ~ I was happy. IT got to a point where enough is enough and it looked as if the author was pulling a "DBZ," expanding it as much as possible to continue its legacy. With Bleach, I haven't really lost hope because I think it'll get better since we have yet to see Ichigo vs. Yhwach. THAT I'm excited to see, but the set-up is taking far too long and although the author is recovering, it still doesn't change the fact that perhaps Bleach has lost its edge. I like Bleach, but unfortunately it's not even remotely close to the level of "Love" I had for it in the past. The thrill is no longer there and fans, whether dedicated or not, want closure. I will do my best to see where this goes, but the anticipation of a chapter is very little. I give this week's set-up/no progression chapter a Grade: D.

So what did you think of this week's chapter? Good? Bad? Somewhere in between? Comment below and let me know. As always, look forward to WBCRs when chapter's available AND when I have the time to post it. Until then, you all stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment