Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

3/29/2015

Legacy #27 - Big O

What happens when you combine Batman & Mecha? Well, you get Big O of course. Spawning 2 seasons (Season 1 in 1999-2000 and Season 2 in 2003), Big O is considered a nostalgic Anime since it's appearance on the Toonami/Adult Swim block. The main character pretty much acts and feels as if he's Bruce Wayne, but rather putting on a suit ~ he puts on a robot. He has a one-eyed butler and a android maid. How can you not think Batman (excluding the android maid)? Now, what drew me into this Anime wasn't its story, but it's style, delivery, & soundtrack. Don't get me wrong, I dig the story, but it seems like something I've seen many times before ~ just revised. However, its style (at the time) was pretty unique. Seeing a suave gentlemen wielding a giant robot to fight off crime ~ that's just plain awesome. Having a butler who looks like Alfred Pennyworth? That is also awesome. Have a android maid who, despite feeling very little, begins to learn a lot from her adventures and is probably strong as f*ck? That is also awesome. The soundtrack is pretty exuberant as well ~ mixing in film noir, spy, and jazz together into one perfect blend of badassery. The way the show was handled and delivered, to me, was just amazing. Although I can say the downfall of this show was that I was a fan of Season 1, but not too big into Season 2. I honestly don't 100% recall what the Anime was about, but I just know it had that "I'm Batman" vibe + Giant f*cking robots! Big….Oh my.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Legacy post. I do apologize I was very late in delivering the Legacy this week ~ was caught up with finals and interviews. Please note that if it's late, it'll be posted the day after. Worst case scenario, it'll be posted over the weekend if things get too busy. Look forward to Legacy posts on Thursdays (If delayed, the next day and worst case scenario, over the weekend). Until then you all stay classy. I do apologize I haven't posted the WBCR yet. I'll posted it definitely when I get home from work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment