Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

4/30/2015

Legacy #32 - Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?

Imagine you, a guy who decided to live on his own so as to not worry about the finances of their parents, moves into a small (but manageable) room where, for the most part, it seems perfectly fitting for one person. However, the catch is that that room just so happens to be surrounded with supernatural and otherwordly phenomenon. Now, picture an intergalactic alien princess, ghost, magical girl, and an descendant of the Earth people showing up out of blue fighting for that very room you just happen to find both affordable and comfortable. Well, that pretty much sums up the Anime. If you haven't guessed, this is 100% a Harem-comedy based Anime. The main character, not wanting to give up his room so easily, is constantly at ends with these women, but it wouldn't be long before a compromise is set and they, every night, play games so as to determine how much space one gets in ownership/possession of the room. Let me tell you, this guy has some serious balls to go against beings that could just as easily end him, but the truth it ~ that's not what we want to see. The whole idea of the Anime was to showcase that one room can be split amongst 6 people (this also includes the alien princess' underling). If space is available, why not? This guy also is living with 6 beautiful women, he has so much restraint in not getting aroused. I personally am a fan of this Anime, but it isn't up there with Date A Live (will be next week's Legacy post). This Anime, though a Harem, didn't resonate within me like Date A Live or Tenchi Muyo. It was a standard Harem and I do have some gripes with it. First off, it's based off a light novel series and, as such, it's going to leave out A LOT of stuff I was looking for in an Harem. I kind of feel like the Harem elements are underplayed so as to leave room for the importance of the very room the 6 are fighting for. Secondly, if there's no Season 2 or Movie announced for its continuation, then how in the world am I supposed to feel invested if I feel left out at the end of the series? I'd like to watch a series without feeling the need to spoil myself. Maybe they'll a later season or movie, who knows. Overall, those are my gripes with the show. For a Harem, it was just "okay." The deciding factor for me on the show was their friendship, that was, to me, the strongest part of the show.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Legacy post. Look forward to Legacy posts on Thursdays. Until then, you all stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment