Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

8/20/2015

Watchlist #45 - Bikini Warriors (First Impressions)

For the past 44 Watch-list posts, I've reiterated the importance of Anime series & films that deserve mentioning. From my humble roots of the TCTD Quad, Anime has prominently become one form of entertainment that I'm dependent on. It's storytelling, engaging characters, unorthodox methods, and charisma ~ Anime, from time to time, has often been more worthwhile than North American cartoons. That's not to say that North American cartoons are bad, but I believe Anime can push the boundary on what they can, do, and say. Enter a new Anime I've stumbled upon titled Bikini Warriors. Starting in July, directed by Naoyuki Kuzuya, and supposedly going for 12 episodes, Bikini Warriors just started streaming by Funimation (you should be watching). This is what I'd like to fall First Impressions where I give my take on the first few episode of the series and give you the Thumbs up or down on whether to consider it. Surprisingly, this Anime has a run-time of only 4 minutes w/the opening being shown at the very end of the episode, so let's say 3:00 an episode. Wow, this Anime is the third shortest Anime I've seen. The first two, Cyclops Shojo Saipu & Puchimas! Petit Idolmaster have a run-time of 2-2:30 minutes. Now what are my thoughts on the first few episodes? Well, one word suffices the show ~ FANSERVICE. Yes, I put that in bolded letters because that's exactly what you're getting when watch this. Imagine a world of RPG and you're one of these 4 lovely skimpy-wearing ladies. You enter dungeons, earn gold, and try to make a living by killing off monsters. However, what happens when you're say....level 1? You don't automatically tackle everything handed to you, you take your time and build yourself up. Nope, not with the Bikini Warriors. Episode 1, they enter a dungeon, get their @$$e$ kicked, and get dope (and skimpy) @$$ armor that surprisingly is able to make them more durable. If you haven't guessed it yet, Bikini Warriors is an RPG-based Anime where it tackles the cliches of RPGs. Pillaging for gold from innocent villagers, try to obtain high-quality weapons when in actuality they are weak as sh*t, finding teammates who could potentially end up being a relief or a wreck, and trying to find the time to look for a stylish-looking home ~ Bikini Warriors does all that and more. So, did I like the series? Well, aside from the eye-candy, Bikini Warriors is just an OK Anime. I was expecting it to be 20-30 minutes, but hey, if they can try and entertain me in a 4-minute format, then that works. Yes I was entertained by just how pathetic they were. And, you know what, I find that relatable, Whenever I played a RPG, I did everything they did ~ find gold, find a home, and try to say I'm a bad@$$ at level 1. So I found it hilarious that they tackled that, but my expectations were low just on the grounds that it was only 4 minutes instead of 20-30. The show has promise, but don't expect much, I don't know, story/exposition. It's simply an exploration of Level 1 RPG players and the premise is, well, they got @$$ & Tits...so there's that. I'd say check it out, but don't really expect much coming out of it. There are far more better series out there, but for what it's worth, ya'll decide if you want to take a gander. For it's eye-candy or it's "premise," it's all up to you.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Watch-list post. I'm going to try and do First Impressions post whenever I can. They are a lot of new Anime(s) I've started and want to give my first thoughts on. After I've completed the series, then I'll do a thorough analysis on the show. The First Impressions is just to give an insight on what I'm expecting going into the first couple of episodes. Aside from that, look forward to Watch-list posts on Thursdays. Until then, you stay classy as always. Don't forget to check out the other Watch-list posts (in order):

1) Tenchi Muyo
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) Trigun
4) Dragonball Z
5) School Rumble 
6) Is This A Zombie?
7) Fairy Tail
8) Omamori Himari
9) FLCL
10) Gurren Lagann 
11) Shin-Chan 
12) Tenchi Muyo GXP
13) Tenchi Muyo In Tokyo
14) Power Puff Girls Z
15) Kirby!
16) Samurai Champloo 
17) Hanaukyo Maid Team 
18) True Tears 
19) Zombie Powder (Manga)
20) Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 
21) Teen Titans
22) Yu-Gi-Oh
23) Rosario+Vampire
24) Death Note
25) Pokemon
26) Digimon
27) Big-O
28) X-Men (Anime Version)
29) D-Frag
30) Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
31) Akame Ga Kill
32) Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?
33) OniAi
34) Ben-To
35) Testament of a Sister New Devil
36) Minamoto-kun Monogatari (Manga)
37) My Love Story (Ore Monogatari!)
38) Space Dandy
39) Wanna be the strongest in the world
40) When Marnie Was There (Film ~ Studio Ghibli)
41) The Garden of Words (Film ~ Makoto Shinkai)
42) Song of the Sea (Film ~ Tomm Moore)  
43) Nagasarete Airantou
44) DBZ: Resurrection 'F' (Film)
45) Bikini Warriors (First Impressions

No comments:

Post a Comment