Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

9/09/2015

Watchlist #48 - Code Lyoko

I grew up with Cartoon Network. Nostalgic all around ~ waking up with those Morning cartoons, not having a care for the world, and under the assumtion that Summer Vacation lasted a whole year. However, Cartoons nowadays have evolved and with a broader audience, TV can push the limits of what it can do. Take for instance Cartoons nowadays, a lot of animosity, but the creativity and ingenuity behind it is genuine. People may mock what they don't understand ~ the norm of today's cartoons differs very much from our past. Well, I can dive into that subject for another day (hint hint future FFTs), but I wanted to introduce a French-animated cartoon that actually broadcasted on the CN titled Code Lyoko. This was, for it's time, a very interesting concept ~ 4 kids fighting a diabolical AI with the help of an AI. The main characters are Jeremie, Odd, Ulrich, Yumi, & Aelita. The 4 kids enter the world where Aelita lives (the virtual world) in attempts to save mankind from X.A.N.A, the diabolical AI that wants to destroy humanity. To me, this was one of my favorite Cartoons growing up. Airing from 2004-2007, I was invested with the characters ~ Jeremie's the smart one, Odd is the comic relief, Ulrich is the laid back guy, Yumi is the big sister figure of the group, and Aelita is there AI friend turned human. I personally loved this show whenever it gave hints of Ulrich & Yumi getting together. Like any fan out there, I shipped those two because they are so f*cking perfect for one another. I admit that I stopped watching it for some unknown reason after the new character William was introduced (I'm guessing it's likely that he's be in competition for Yumi's affections and I shippedYumi X Ulrich). Nowadays, Anime(s) that venture forth into the virtual world is the norm, but this is a old cartoon and at the time ~ I was really delving into the other world. Sometimes the world we live in is just so preoccupied with pissing us off and sometimes it felt nice to walk away for a bit and feel like a real hero. That's what this show has taught me ~ The harsh reality that life is both an enjoyable and difficult existence, but we got to make the best of it, take the good from the bad, and walk each day knowing that our friends & family always have a place for us in their hearts. I know I'm getting all philosophical, but this show taught me that. After reevaluating it, Code Lyoko was one of those shows I couldn't get enough of. I loved the characters, I loved the animation (animated and CG), I love Yumi & Ulrich, I loved the virtual world, and I even liked the Action. Sure it's not ground-breaking, but for a 2004-2007 cartoon, it was pretty sick to watch.

YUMI X ULRICH













I hope you enjoyed this week's Watch-list post. Watch-List posts will be posted on WednesdaysUntil then, stay classy as always. Don't forget to check out the other Watch-list posts (in order):

1) Tenchi Muyo
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) Trigun
4) Dragonball Z
5) School Rumble 
6) Is This A Zombie?
7) Fairy Tail
8) Omamori Himari
9) FLCL
10) Gurren Lagann 
11) Shin-Chan 
12) Tenchi Muyo GXP
13) Tenchi Muyo In Tokyo
14) Power Puff Girls Z
15) Kirby!
16) Samurai Champloo 
17) Hanaukyo Maid Team 
18) True Tears 
19) Zombie Powder (Manga)
20) Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 
21) Teen Titans
22) Yu-Gi-Oh
23) Rosario+Vampire
24) Death Note
25) Pokemon
26) Digimon
27) Big-O
28) X-Men (Anime Version)
29) D-Frag
30) Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
31) Akame Ga Kill
32) Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?
33) OniAi
34) Ben-To
35) Testament of a Sister New Devil
36) Minamoto-kun Monogatari (Manga)
37) My Love Story (Ore Monogatari!)
38) Space Dandy
39) Wanna be the strongest in the world
40) When Marnie Was There (Film ~ Studio Ghibli)
41) The Garden of Words (Film ~ Makoto Shinkai)
42) Song of the Sea (Film ~ Tomm Moore)  
43) Nagasarete Airantou
44) DBZ: Resurrection 'F' (Film)
45) Bikini Warriors (First Impressions)
46) Yu Yu Hakusho
47) Monster Musume (First Impressions)
48) Code Lyoko 

No comments:

Post a Comment