Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

8/04/2014

BCC Profile #2 - Subaru (.hack//SIGN)

Growing up, .hack//SIGN is one of the Anime(s) that I began watching. It aired on the Toonami line-up and, at the time, was one of my favorite Anime(s) mainly because of the main couple ~ Tsukasa & Subaru. Being exposed to another Anime other than DBZ was a new thing for me back then and, at the time, is astonished me. The story itself, to me, is quite complex to follow and it wouldn't be until later on that I realized that this Anime was pretty boring. Some of the themes tackling this show include escapism, interpersonal relationships, and anxiety. Taking place in an online world where users control avatar characters, Tsukasa & Subaru became an instant couple that I've come to admire mainly because I saw that they were compatible with one another. Throughout the series, Tsukasa escapes from just about everyone ~ wanting to deter away from hardships from the real world. A quiet and mysterious show, things didn't escalate until I finally saw Tsukasa open up with Subaru, a green-haired angel-winged Avatar that is soft-spoken and protective. I also thought that Subaru was hot (especially in the opening where her clothes disappeared). To me, Subaru was the glimmering hope for Tsukasa and, because of her role as Leader of the Crimson Knights, she plays a pivotal role in the .hack//SIGN storyline. Tsukasa & Subaru need each other and with Subaru by his side, Tsukasa can truly learn to open up and accept that there are people who genuinely care for him.

Look forward to BCC Profiles all throughout August up until the 1st BCC Matchup on August 25th. Until then, you all stay classy now + look forward to Wednesday's back-to-back posts. The 14th BK post will be up sometime today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment