Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

10/09/2014

3rd Rhetorical (Anime Impressions) Post ~ Trigun

So far in the TCTD Quad, I discussed both Tenchi Muyo & Cowboy Bebop, two masterpieces in their own right. Reiterating once more, the TCTD Quad are 4 series that instantly got me hooked into Anime and also what introduced me to CN's Toonami lineup. Today we discuss the other "T" in the TCTD Quad ~ Trigun. Vash the Stampede is a renowned name for those familiar with Trigun. Set in western period w/science fiction thrown into the mix, Trigun embarks on telling a story of a sixty billion double dollar man whose a target for bounty hunters, but something about him is....weird. In the sense of cartoons, putting logic into the mix won't really get you anywhere considering the setting & mixing Western & Science Fiction into one really is far beyond anyone's comprehension. From the get-go, I was curious and fascinated with Trigun's world ~ it's characters, setting, tone, & ranging from action to drama and comedy ~ it was a perfect blend of testosterone badassery that is Vash the Stampede. Vash & the other badass of the show, Wolfwood, were what made Trigun awesome in every way. From the intense shootouts to the dramatic scenes revolving around Vash & his past, Vash is an iconic character whose up there with Spike from Cowboy Bebop as being one of the most memorable, badass, and fleshed out characters in Anime. Premiering in 1998, Trigun still remains one of my favorite iconic Anime(s) that paved way for my growing interest in Cartoons both American & Japanese. Although I didn't talk about the other characters (the chicks & cool @$$ antagonist with sick @SS name ~ Millions Knives), I'd say take a look for yourself on the world of Trigun because I wouldn't want to spoil anything on the Sixty Billion Double Dollar Man. He'd probably come looking for me if I were to say anything, so go check it out yourselves partners!

Not wanting to give anything away, I'd say give Trigun a chance. It's a strange take on Westerns & Science Fiction, but hey ~ it's pretty damn entertaining. Iconic in its own right, I doubt there's anyone who hasn't heard of Trigun or the name Vash the Stampede. Look forward to Anime Impressions every Thursday (next Thursday is the end of the TCTD Quad). Until then, you all stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment