Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

10/06/2014

WBCR - Headshot! (Grade: B) ~ Delayed Review

So I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize once again for posting WBCR late. It's not often that I've delayed posts, but since starting school & being a part-time worker ~ time is kinda of constricted here. WBCRs are usually posted on Wednesdays, but since chapters are released a day or two later, WBCRs are often posted when I have the time to read, evaluate, and give verdict on whether or not the read was worth it. Last Thursday's chapter pretty much sums up the cliche-ness of "Having the upper hand to Letting everything crumbles." However, I am curious for the 4 newcomers ~ The M (Gerard Valkyrie), X (Lille Barro), C (Pernida Parnkgjas), & D (Askin Nakk Le Vaar). Askin was the only one to get promoted as being Yhwach's "Elite." Just before, Senjumaru dealt with Nianzol and this week ~ Senjumaru may/may not be dead since she got a bullet to her head thanks to Lille. So these Elite must be the real deal, right? We got a mysterious hooded figure, a sniper, & Thor. Yes, did you know Thor was up in here? A part of me thinks Tite Kubo's creation of Gerard Valkyrie was modeled after Marvel's Thor. I mean, it makes sense. Senjumaru calls for back-up to protect the King, but that plan soon came to crumble the moment Lille says one badass line ~ "The Royal Palace has already fallen the moment his Highness set food in it." The chapter ends with a bullet pretty taking off a good potion of Senjumaru's head. Overall, this week's chapter was a short read, but although I did say it was cliche was f*ck ~ my curiosity got the better of me since I'm more curious to know what will happen now and if Team Ichigo will make it in time. It's a set-up for what I'd like to call "The Hero ascending into Hell." The most protected place of the Soul King is beginning to crumble and now it's up to our hero to literally ascend into darkness to thwart evil once and for all. The chapter gets a Grade: B.

So what did you think of last week's chapter? Good? Bad? Somewhere in the middle? Comment below and let me know. Look forward to WBCRs when chapter's available and when I'll be available to post it (hopefully between Thursdays-Fridays). If delayed, then the reasons are: School, Work, or Family/Friends. Until then, you all stay classy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment