Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

1/29/2015

Legacy #19 - Zombie Powder (Tite Kubo's first serialized work!)

Does anybody recall Tite Kubo's first published Manga series: Zombie Powder? For what it was, it wasn't all that bad. It's been awhile since I've read it and I'm not going to dive into too many details, but for getting myself into Manga ~ Zombie Powder was a pretty enjoyable read. Unfortunately many will disagree with me on this one because it was underdeveloped, uninteresting, and lacked substance. To top it all off, it is left incomplete with a cliffhanger ending. Personally I was into the characters ~ Gamma, John, C.T. Smith, & the Big-BEEWBED Wolfina. Zombie Powder, from what I'd recall, is a substance that imbues people with limitless life force. So…..it's like drugs right? Zombie Powder also was pretty violent ~ body parts flying, cut open torsos, and lotta blood. When I first read it, it was pretty graphic. A lot of the characters unfortunately are shrouded in mystery and we'll never know what'll happen to them or where they came from or how they came to be that way. I just find it hilarious that if you look at the cover for the 1st ZP Manga, looks VERY similar to the cover of the 24th Bleach Manga ~ comparing and contrasting Gamma (protagonist) and Grimmjow. Same open glove hands, cool hairstyle, and wearing white robes. Grimmjow is an inspiration from Gamma I believe…..what else more do you need? Despite it spawning 4 Manga(s), I still found it enjoyable and tolerated it more than most people. If it continued, I definitely would've picked it up and invest my time in it. Alas, one can only dream.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Legacy post. Would you agree/disagree that Zombie Powder should resume if it had the chance? Comment below and let me know. Look forward to Legacy Posts on Thursdays. Until then, you all stay classy now. WBCR is posted below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment