Throughout the years

Throughout the years
"DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!"

7/16/2014

WBCR - Oblivious Strawberry, The "Girl" Zombie, & Yoruichi's Goods (Grade: C)

It appears that Bleach came out relatively earlier than usual, but nonetheless here I am to bring you another WBCR and boy, where do I begin with this one. How about we state the obvious ~ Ichigo's obliviousness to Orihime's BEEWBS & her outfit. That grinds my gears because Ichigo has a pretty keen insight on everything, but when it came down to Orihime ~ nothing. It's the whole "did you notice my outfit or my Beewbs" cliche and I didn't think Tite Kubo would pull that on Ichigo. Also, it appears that the Z in the TGPZ sisters is revealed to be a guy and, though I didn't want Tite Kubo to pull the "I'm actually a guy" cliche in Anime(s), he did. The two things I never wanted to see in Bleach happened and, to be fair, perhaps it was inevitable. Authors nowadays, when it comes to male protagonists in Anime, create what is called the oblivious nature. Ichigo was late in noticing Orihime's outfit and it took Chad's comment to realize ~ "DAYUM Orihime, what you be wearing gurl!?" And to top it off, Yoruichi reappears from Orihime's Beewbs and slaps the sh*t out of Ichigo for being so oblivious that he didn't even have the decency to compliment Orihime. When I saw Yoruichi, it was both a surprise (on where she came from) and the outfit she's wearing almost looks like she's nude herself (Not bad). Kisuke makes a replica of the Shiba cannon that fired Team Ichigo into the Soul Society, Mayuri shows up to fight the newly revealed guy of the TGPZ ~ Giselle Gewelle, and Bambietta is revealed to have been killed by Gisele as he was horny as soon as she died. That pretty much sums up the chapter. It wasn't a great chapter and I didn't think Tite Kubo would pull two cliches in the same chapter. I didn't necessarily hate it either because although those two cliches pissed me off, it was nice seeing Orihime's cute expressions & Yoruichi. So this week's chapter is a Grade: C ~ Not great nor Not Terrible. Here are the 3 highlights of this week's chapter.

Highlight #1 - Kawaii Orihime
Orihime's smile & expression in this page was pretty damn cute I gotta admit. She turned red and when it was revealed that she only chose this outfit because of Kisuke & Yoruichi's persuasion, I chuckled a bit. She does all this to impress Ichigo, but due to the Cliche Tute Kubo pulled ~ Ichigo was oblivious until somebody else (say Chad) told him so. As a result, Orihime is embarrassed herself and believes Ichigo sees her as a HentaiWhy did Chad notice? Is he a pervert to? Oh no, not you Chad ~ you're innocent and could never truly have a hard-on for Orihime. I'm all for Ichihime, but the development of the 2 is, by now, under-developed. In my opinion ~ as a die-hard Ichihime fan, I think we won't see a hug or kiss from these two. It's safe to say that Tite Kubo isn't really fleshing it out due to Orihime's awkward personality (at times) and Ichigo's heroic-ness/oblivious nature to women & their feelings. As soon as Yoruichi showed up, I fell in love again because I do love her. Well, I love a lot of Bleach women, but she's definitely on my top #10. Yoruichi will be talked about in the 2nd Highlight.

Highlight #2 ~ Yoruichi's Goods
When I first saw the bottom left-hand picture of Yoruichi, I thought she was nude. She might as well be. She's wearing a very very sexy outfit & that's fine by me. She defended Orihime and was (alongside Kisuke) who chose the outfit for Orihime to wear so that she could impress Ichigo, but as soon as Ichigo's oblivious nature kicked in, Yoruichi, pissed, slapped the living crap out of Ichigo's face. However, that isn't the central focus of Yoruichi's "goods." The goods that Yoruichi keeps with her are a result of her investigation of the distortion between the Quincy & the Soul Society ~ meant to cause a divide in the enemy forces + the energy requires is enough to connect 2 worlds according to Kisuke's explanation. Knowing this, Team Ichigo prepare themselves to counter-attack Yhwach, Jugram & Uryu and try to preserve the Royal Palace where the Soul ing lies. Meanwhile, the 3rd Highlight is a continuation of the Brawl between Shinigami & Sternritter, but is centrally focused on 3 characters: Bambietta, Giselle, & Mayuri.

Highlight #3 ~ Piqued Interest
When I found out Tite Kubo pulled this cliche, I was pissed. I didn't want it to happen, but he did it ~ he successfully trolled us and I couldn't be any pissed off. However, that won't stop me from trying to believe that Giselle is a "she." Bambietta died pretty early, didn't she? She got f'd up by Komamura and, to be honest, she had so much potential and her being killed off & turned into a zombie isn't satisfying at all. I liked her not because she was hot, but she's given the letter "E" and that's a pretty high letter. When it was revealed Giselle took the pleasure in delivering the final blow to Bambietta, I was pissed, but then I kinda figured so it seemed that Bambietta was underneath Giselle's spell from the last chapter ~ appearing almost zombie-like and willingly following Giselle's orders. Yumichika & Ikkaku got f'd up by the zombified Bambietta and despite getting impaled and a missing limb, Bambietta can't die. In order for someone to turn in a zombie, all that is needed is Giselle's blood to touch someone or something. And ~ 1-2-3, Mayuri shows up from out of nowhere, piqued with Giselle's abilities.

Final Thoughts on Chapter


After a careful amount of consideration, it's safe to assume that this chapter managed to piss me off on 2 levels, but seeing Orihime's Beewbs, Yoruichi, & Mayuri's piqued interest on Giselle were the only saving graces for this week's chapter. I didn't hate it, but I didn't agree with Tite Kubo's direction. I want to see the brawl between the Shinigami & Sternritter. I want to see what's going on with the 0 Division. I want to know where the f*ck the Arrancars & Fullbringers are. I want to know how Yachiru is doing. I want to see how the other captains are coping with this full-scale war. See how there's a lot going on, but we are getting so few answers. This chapter (for the first-half) is a set-up for the decisive battle, but I do hope Tite Kubo takes his time with it (be patient). The chapter could've been better if it had done the following:

1) Keep Giselle as a chick
2) Bambietta is alive (not zombified)
3) See more of the Brawl
4) See more of the 0 Division

So what did you think of this week's chapter? Good? Bad? Meh? Comment below and let me know. As always, look forward to WBCRs every Wednesday (unless on break or Golden Week). Until then, you all stay classy now + look forward to today's Bleach Kombat Round.

No comments:

Post a Comment